Saturday, February 19, 2011

I'm Back...

I decided to blog tonight which has been rare of late. During the years I worked at Montevallo I blogged all the time, though honestly halfway out of a sense of desperation...This season of my life leaves me little time for morbid introspection which I really think is one of the many bonuses of motherhood. If my little boy makes it to bed with a full tummy and a clean face and bum, I'm feeling pretty good. Marriage and motherhood have changed me, and for the better I hope...first of all I'm far less self-conscious about my physical appearance. I used to really labor and slightly obsess at times over my looks, but now I figure Jonathan can't run and Owen couldn't care less, so I only brush my hair every few days and I barely even glance at the mirror for days at a time. Not that I'm letting myself go, I'm just feeling free to be who I am and not worry. My need for excitement has also died down considerably. Watching my little boy laugh and explore is about as much of a thrill as I need. I love spending quiet evenings with my men- Jonathan, Owen, and our dog Buck. We crawl around on the floor together, read books and snuggle. How's that for an exciting Friday night! I used to always want to be around big groups of people but now a small dinner party suits my fancy. Exercise has also changed. I used to take long runs everyday, and now I go walking in normal clothes with my baby and my dog. We have a good time and I don't worry about whether I'm pushing myself or not. One thing that I would like to fit in my life somehow is some kind of creative outlet- writing, crafting, sewing, drawing..something. I want to start doing one creative thing everyday.