Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Yesterday...

Yesterday one of my dear new friends from Montgomery came over to visit with Owen and I. I haven't even known her a year but I love her heart. She got pregnant a few weeks after me and should have had her baby sometime in March but she miscarried during her second trimester and had to deliver a dead baby. The whole situation was horrifying for me and I can't imagine what she was going through physically and emotionally. The worst of it was that all the couples around our age at church were getting pregnant so pregnancy and babies were just about the only think anyone could talk about. But yesterday she came over and told me that she and her husband are in the process of adopting a 4 year old boy from Romania. I'm so excited for them. It was refreshing to talk to her and dream with her about what it will be like to love and help a little boy who's spent his whole life in and orphanage. I got so excited about loving an orphan boy that it really convicted me about how little I think about creatively loving the little biological boy that the Lord has blessed us with. I've just been living on survival mode these past weeks with the new house and Jonathan being out of town. I've been so worried about whether I've been doing everything just right with Owen that I haven't been able to just enjoy him, until yesterday. I feel like I'm learning all the lessons I learned when I was single all over again in a new context. It seems like I'm always learning to trust the Lord more and more...It was so good to hear joy in the voice of a friend whose suffered so much, and struggled so much to believe that God is really good and loves her and hears her prayers.