Saturday, September 27, 2014

Saving the Pennies


So Jonathan and I have been tossing around the idea of ordering all of our home essentials through Amazon's fabulous Subscribe and Save program. The basic gist is that you sign up to receive a shipment of products you use regularly every few months and receive a deep discount for doing so.

Last night, I started making a list of everything I use around the house and checking prices for those items. If I really subscribed to receive all the products I use, we'd be spending a small fortune every couple of months. Which means we're already probably spending a good deal of money on household products.

I took a little time to think about what I really use on a regular basis and found some recipes from around the web that I'm going to try out. My plan is to use up the products I have then whip up the batches of homemade goodness as needed.

I figure its worth a shot. If these cleaning products are effective, it will save us a bundle of pennies. Below, I've shared the recipes I'll be using just in case you'd like to try it out too!

Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent


Homemade All Purpose Cleaner


Fabric Softener


Homemade Clorox 2


Glass Cleaner


Liquid Hand Soap

I'll make sure to write an update to let you know if these work! Do you use any homemade products? Feel free to leave suggestions or your own recipes below.